RTPCR Facilities available
The Facility provides clients with access to state-of-the-art instruments for monitoring fluorescence during the polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
We offer advice on how to apply this technology to your research needs, including the different chemistries and reagents/consumables available, primer and probe design, optimization of assays, quantitation methods, and provide training in the use of the instruments and data analysis.
PCR plates or tubes, SYBR Green and Taqman (ABI) are available from the Facility at 40% discount.
- ABI-7900HT, 384-well plate block and low density arrays attachment (micro fluidic card)
- ABI-ViiA7, 384-well plate block with High Resolution Melting analysis.
- Eppendorf epMotion 5075 Robotics System (available for setting up assays for real-time PCR).
- 384well Gradient Agilent SureCycler8800
- Corbett Rotorgene 6000 -36 & 72 tube rotors
- Corbett CAS 1200 Robotics System (available for setting up assays for real-time PCR).
- Maxwell16 DNA/RNA/Protein isolation robot (various samples types accepted)
- All-inclusive RTPCR services
A clean room, hood, multichannel pipettes, filter tips, plasticware, SYBR & TAQMAN reagents are available for setting up the PCR assays.
- Four PC computers with software.
- Primer Express for primer/probe design.
- SDS (Sequence Detection Software) for analysis of data from ABI7900 runs.
- ViiA7 RUO software for analysis of data from ViiA7 runs with a license for your personal PC.
RISQ is required fot non-SCMB UQ customers or Purchase Order for others
Phone: 336-51833; 0427428089 for accessing the facility, data analysis software