Student Contest: Molecular Image Design
Can you see the molecular beauty of protein structures?
This is your opportunity to show us your analytical, technical and creative skills.
- Go to the Protein Data Bank.
- Choose a structure.
- Using software such as PyMol, ccp4mg or POV-ray design a single image that best captures its molecular beauty.
- Caption your figure in up to 150 words.
- Put your image and its caption on a single A4 page.
- Submit your entry by 7 October 2016, either
- By email to email@example.com, or
- In person at the Reception desk on Level 3, Chemistry Building (68) on a weekday between 8.30am and 5.00pm.
After that a panel of three staff experts will choose the best images. If yours is chosen, you’ll win:
- a $50 Gift Card (donated by the UQ Biotechnology Students Club)
- a certificate.
The competition is open to any student enrolled in a course administered by the School of Chemistry & Molecular Biosciences. One entry per student is allowed.