Financial assistance to help you focus on your career.
Honours isn’t the time to be worried about income, it’s the time to focus on science. You could be provided with a $2,000 stipend to help you focus on what’s really important in this critical stage of your education. Larger amounts may be available for projects undertaken with industry partners.
A prestigious award to help you stand out from the crowd.
Get your career off to a running start through a discipline-specific award, showing future employers and grant agencies that you’ve got what it takes to succeed in one of the most competitive careers.
To be eligilble, you must enrol in BSc(Hons), BAdvSc(Hons), or BBiotech(Hons) in The University of Queensland's School of Chemistry & Molecular Biosciences (SCMB), with a supervisor and host laboratory located in the Chemistry (68) or Molecular Biosciences (76) Building.
Selection will be based on:
- Cumulative Grade Point Average
- Vision for your career in Chemistry or Molecular Bioscience research
- Whether the project is UQ-based or industry-based (the latter will be favourably viewed)
How to apply
- Submit an Honours Application. For details, visit the Honours web page.
- Submit an Honours Scholarship Application by 31 January (semester 1 start) or 30 June (semester 2 start).
Contact us by phone to +61 7 336 53509 or email us.
Other scholarships available to students applying for Honours are advertised here.