- Diagnostics e.g. detection and quantitation of pathogenic bacteria or virus sequences in tissue or environmental samples.
- RT-qPCR: measurement of transcript (messenger RNA) abundance in RNA samples after reverse transcriptase (RT) to produce cDNA.
- Allelic discrimination including detection of single nucleotide polymorphisms.
- Genomic analysis e.g. measurement of copy number of a transfected plasmid construct or stably integrated transgene per host cell genome.
- Multiplex sequence detection: simultaneous analysis of two or more target sequences within the same reaction tube.