12th Annual SCMB Research Students Symposium
Time and Venue
Thursday 24 November 2016
Sir Edward Llew Building (14), The University of Queensland, St Lucia
Why should I participate?
The SCMB Research Students Symposium is an annual event held in November each year. These symposia are organised by the Research Students Advisory Group and provide a great opportunity for students to learn about the exciting research that is happening within our school and meet some of the amazing people doing extraordinary work within SCMB. There are several important reasons for you to participate in the SCMB research symposium:
- Scrumptious food: Morning tea and lunch will be provided free, there will be a drinks function at the end of the conference
- Career advancement: Great networking opportunity and you can add to your CV to make you more competitive for future scholarships
- Prizes! There’s over $1000 in Coles-Myer gift vouchers up for grabs from the various competitions held throughout the day!
- Hear from two highly accomplished scientists during the plenary sessions by Associate Professor Nina Mitter and Distinguished Professor Judith Clements
- There’s also a new poster competition this year! WITH MORE PRIZES!!
The SCMB Research Symposium is an opportunity to get involved in your school and support those around you as well as showcase your research and make strides towards your research career goals!
Symposium Booklet cover photo competition!
Have a creative itch you want to scratch? Want to see your work on the cover of the symposium booklet?
Submit a picture of your work! It can be any style or medium that your creative heart desires! The picture must encapsulate some of the amazing work done in SCMB. Images must be a minimum resolution of 1000 x 1000 (300 dpi)
Email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description (1-2 lines) of the work.
How do I register?
Students and staff can register by clicking on REGISTRATION FORM
Abstract Submission Deadline
SCMB RHD, Masters and Honours students: 19th October 2016
Be sure to check the suitability of the content you wish to present at this event with your supervisor before submission. Confidentiality forms may not be available at the symposium.
How do I submit an abstract?
- Download the Submission Guidelines and Abstract Template
- Fill out the presentation details and save filename in the format <last name_first name_abstract2016.doc>.
- Email your complete abstract to email@example.com